This is a flop-proof recipe for cupcakes that I found on The Internet last night. Except I adapted it slightly because they were a little too sweet for my liking.
So if you measure your ingredients nicely and follow my directions, you’ll get beautiful cupcakes with peaks.
I’m not a big fan of icing but I did make a bit of butter icing to smear on half the batch for ma petite famille. Just to note that if you want picture perfect cupcakes, these are not the one that have a smooth flat finish so you can smear your icing nicely. These rise into mountain-like peaks – the perfection is in the texture and the flavour. The hero here is in the cake not the icing decoration on top.
5ml vanilla essence
625ml cake flour
20ml baking powder
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
* Cream the sugar and butter until soft. Add the vanilla essence.
* Combine the egg and milk and add to the creamed butter and sugar.
* Sift flour and baking powder and add to the above mixture.
* Scoop (half full) into a greased cupcake tin.
* Bake (the middle rack) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.