So the last time I made a bucket list was last year almost to the day (yesterday was my one-year bucket list anniversary) so how strange that I should feel compelled to revisit it.
So here it is with a few more added and a couple crossed out.
* Do a short course in illustration. I know I can draw but I need to find my own style and confidence. So envious of all the beautiful illustrators out there. THIS IS SO STRANGE. WHILE HAVING LUNCH AT TOKARA YESTERDAY I BUMPED INTO A FORMER INTERN OF OURS WHEN I WAS STILL WORKING AT ELLE MAGAZINE – THE TALENTED AMY ELLENBOGEN. SHE’S RUNNING AN ILLUSTRATION COURSE IN THE EVENINGS. I’M KEEN TO START JUST HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW…
* Live abroad for at least a year or two. I’M STILL WORKING ON THIS…
* Buy an SLR camera * Get an iPad
* Drop a dress size (or two) – My POA is actually already in progress so I hope to cross off this one off my list very soon. EISH. I THINK I CAN GIVE MYSELF A LITTLE MORE TIME HAVING JUST POPPED OUT A BABY 8 WEEKS AGO.
* Make the move from BlackBerry to Apple.
* Write a novel – My husband keeps nagging me. I have a vague idea regarding subject matter but I’m not altogether convinced that anyone would be interested in reading it so… I HAVE AN IDEA, JUST HAVE TO FIND THE TIME.
* Study a short course in web design and learn basic HTML and CSS. I STARTED ONE, ATTENDED ONE CLASS, BUT HAD TO DEFER AS I WAS MOVING TO CAPE TOWN. NEEDLESS TO SAY I’M STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND FOR CITY VARSITY. WHAT A DISORGANIZED COURSE AND ADMIN – WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE!
* Start my own business – yep just working on/waiting for that small/big idea. HAVE AN IDEA, BUSY DOING THE RESEARCH
* Learn Mandarin and get a tutor for Ms Maya – Chinese is the future!
* Practice my French – I majored in it in varsity and I can feel it slipping away.
* World Cup 2014 in Brazil – enough said.
* Have another baby – son or daughter I don’t mind though I’d really love a boy. A pigeon pair you know. I don’t want Maya to miss out on the wonderful gift of having a sibling. This will immediately followed by a breast reduction and lift. Mama’s tired of these double d’s. I NEED A SPONSOR… OR AN UNDERSTANDING MEDICAL AID.
* Find our perfect home.
* Commission a photographer for a family portrait.
* Go on an overseas holiday next year